Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Friday, August 15, 2014

July Projects with homemade scrapbook kit

I have a confession to make....sometimes I have these grand ideas and I start them and then life happens and I either have to set them aside or I "occasionally" forget about them. Such was the case with this one. In the month of June I had put together my own scrapbook kit. My plan was to pull products from my stash that is either new to me or something that I want to use up and create pages with it. I am following a scrapbook group on Facebook and they have challenges that I was interested in participating in as well. But alas, with my craft camp and our trip to Southern California, this kit was set aside for over a month.

With birthdays, getting back to routine and finishing up my spring semester of school, it was hard to find time to pull it out until about the end of the month. Anyways I'm still glad that I didn't give up on this project because now I have four layouts completed plus a card.

Here's a picture of the kit that I had put together from my stash....
If you have been scrapbooking for a while then you've heard of monthly scrapbook kits. These are kits that you subscribe to every month and they send you a compilation of products that match and you use it u on your projects. Well I like the idea but I also know that I have way too many supplies already to add a kit subscription to my plate. So I decided to create my own. This allowed me to finally use up some supplies that I've been hoarding and mix it up with new things that I have purchased  within the last six months. 

And here are the projects I was able to make with it....

Celebrate Fall layout.
I started working on my "kit" in June so I tried to incorporate the challenge from the FB group that I belong to which is to add mixed media into your pages. I used a stencil, mist and some gelato in this layout



Like Father, Like Son
This was my fourth layout from the kit. I enhanced the circle title cardstock by misting a design on it before adhering my letter stickers to it.




Little Music Stars
This is my third layout from the kit. I am so happy to finally be putting to use some of the things I cut from my Cameo. The "little star" cut in my title was one of them.



Super bowl
This was my second layout from the kit. I used the gelato to color in my doily.



Have a Happy Day card
I decided to use up some more of the embellishments from the "kit" before I put everything away and this is what came out of that.

So that's what I was able to create out of the products in my homemade kit. It felt good to be creating for "fun". What about you? What do you do to bring the fun into your crafting?

Thanks for stopping by.

Till next time,
Grace

No comments: