Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Friday, April 10, 2015

Exhausted and Catching Flies layout

Having a "spring break" from school is really good for my crafty self. I love having time to get some pages done. This layout is about a funny photo I captured of the older kids a few years back right after we toured Carlsbad caverns. The page was inspired by the sketch here.


The sketch had a bold pattern on the back but I used a negative cut instead and filled the back open space with pattern papers. I liked how with this technique, I was able to use up some 6x6 papers.

I had wanted to use that cut out ampersand on this layout because it matched with some of the other greens in the layout but I couldn't figure out a title that can include it. I showed the layout to my husband and he was the one that gave me the title. Funny stuff!

I added some cloud stickers on the top and enamel dots as well.

I layered a bunch papers of stickers around the page to make it stand out against the busy background. It also helped create a frame around it.

Thanks again for stopping by and come back next week for another layout share.

Till next time,
Grace

10 comments:

Marci said...

Oh I totally LOVE what you did with the sketch to make it your own! Thanks for sharing and joining us at STICK IT DOWN!

Colleen said...

Great way to use the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down.

Unknown said...

Negative cut and 6 x 6 papers...What a great idea! Really nice interpretation of the sketch. I love all the colours and your photo is just too too cute. Thanks so much for joining us at Stick It Down.

Unknown said...

Wow!what a great captured those photo are memorable...Thank you for joining us at Stick It Down.

Tracey said...

Love how you made the sketch your own! Fantastic layout! Thanks for playing along at Stick it Down!

Cherished said...

Awesome page. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing at SID.

Alison said...

Awesome photos! Love the colors you used. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick It Down!

Unknown said...

I love that heading and those bright colours that you used. I hope to see some more of your work in the future over at Stick It Down.

Laureen said...

Fun photos! LOL! Both sleeping the same way! Beautiful page! Thank you for playing with us at Stick It Down!

Amanda said...

What a great background, and a great photo too. Thanks for joining us at Stick It Down.