Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Thursday, May 7, 2015

Happy Sister Reunion layout

Hi there friends and welcome to May. I have a few layout shares from last month's homemade scrapbook kit but wanted to get some of my May layouts posted so that I can enter them in some challenges. 

I had put together my May kit with this color scheme on International Scrapbook day (May 2nd) but was not able to do a video share before digging into them. Here's the photo of what I was able to put together...


and here's my first layout....

This one was made during NSD and I'm entering this into two challenges. The first one is for the die cut challenge over at StuckOnUSketches blog. I used some die cut shapes from the ephemera pack of a Pink Paislee line called "Pen Pals". I'm also entering this for the latest challenge over at The Studio Challenges blog. The them was be inspired by music and I used one of my favorite songs ("Happy" by Pharrell Williams) as part of the title.

I wanted to play more with my gelatos and I took a free class from Scrapbook.com and I got the idea of adding color to my modeling past with my gelato. In this page, I used two 3x4 white cards and my Heidi Swapp stencils to create my very own textured papers.

I added some doily to my homemade kit for a neutral element and I used that to back up my title.

I got the pink tag in a pocket letter that I received recently (I love putting together and getting pocket letters btw) and layered it with stickers and die cut shapes.

I added more die cut shapes just above the journaling lines and used two pens to add my words to the page.
I finished the page with some splatter of white mist.

So there you have it. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you come visit again soon.

Till next time,
Grace

4 comments:

Jinny Newlin said...

Great textures and combination of elements! Love that white gel pen journaling, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us in The Studio!

Vasso Sofou said...

I love the elements you used! This is a really happy page! thank you for joining us at The Studio Challenges!

Tracey said...

Love all the layers of pretty papers and embellishments...fabulous layout! Thank you for sharing it with us at SOUS!

Eli said...

It's beautiful! Really beautiful! Love the colors and all the embellishments you used! You rock, girl!
Eli from SOUS