Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Thanksgiving 2012 double page spread

Hi there my dear friends. Today I'm sharing a layout that I made with this sketch from Stick it down challenge blog as the base....

Can I just tell you how excited I am with this layout. Excited because this was the first page that I created after not being able to scrap for two whole weeks. Yes dear friends, life is super busy right now that carving time out to enjoy my favorite hobby has been a struggle. Do you feel the same way? Before I would be so stressed about not getting to create but now I just try to remember to breath and know that every thing has it's season and I will eventually get around to doing the things I love the most. 

With this layout I used my homemade kit for May called "crush". The color scheme were red, pink and dark blue so it was kind of a challenge to create a thanksgiving layout with it. Luckily I had pulled some brown neutrals that worked well with a fall themed page. That's another thing that I don't stress about too much nowadays, making sure that the pages I create match the season or theme of the layout. Of course I'll add elements to coordinate with the theme but I don't necessarily pick products that scream that holiday. It helps me use up my stash and gets me out of my comfort zone.

The sketch had four photos in it but because I love taking pictures and can't only scrap four from this event, I decided to extend my photos to the right. I also printed them all at 3x4 size so I can get in more pictures in my layout.

I decided to use some tiny letter stickers to add to my journaling. I am finding myself gravitating to handwritten journaling again these days as it makes the process faster for me.

I decided to create circle frames around my pattern papers so I used my Creative Memories circle cutter, cut out the inside circle first then cut out the larger one. I cut out the pattern papers that went under the frames the same size as my circles.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a creative day.

Till next time,
Grace

5 comments:

Colleen said...

Very bright and colorful papers you used. Nice 2 pager. Thanks for playing along with us at Stick it Down.

Sharlene said...


Wow, what a colourful and fun page. I love the bold patterned papers you used for this page. Thank you for playing along with us over at Stick it Down.

Unknown said...

Great layout. I love your paper choices and the variety of your embellishments. It looks like everyone had a great time. Hope you find more time to scrap with us at Stick It Down.

Cherished said...

Love the layers. Thanks for playing at SID.

Katy said...

Awesome layout! I love the papers you used and how you matted the circles. Very clever! Thank you so much for joining us at Stick It Down! :)