Everyone has a story to tell, here's mine sprinkled with some creative projects along the way.
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come back again.



Thursday, August 6, 2015

"Hello Garden Harvest" layout

Happy Thursday friends. Today's layout was inspired by the latest sketch from Sketchabilities blog

I flipped the sketch and placed the elements onto the right instead of the left. I wanted to use some tags that I got in the clearance aisle of Michael's craft store and the holes goes into the left so I it dictated where everything else on my page fell. 

I wanted to use up some of my latest purchases so I put together a homemade scrapbook kit and this is my first layout made from that pile. It has some papers from Recollections and We R Memory Keepers, plus stickers and frames from Heidi Swapp.

I also added a chevron party bag behind my photo, just because it was cute. I made sure though to mat my photo with pattern paper so that if ever that pocket/bag is not acid free, my pictures are still protected from it.

I finished off the page with misting using some Color Shine from Heidi Swapp.

I haven't used my typewriter in a while so I decided to bust that out for my journaling. I missed having a garden, sadly there's some rabbits and other little creatures roaming around my garden this year that most of my plants got eaten up before they sprouted any flowers. :(
Hopefully next year we will figure out a better system cause I really miss harvesting fresh veggies from my backyard.

Thanks for stopping by.

Till next time,
Grace

4 comments:

Robin Shakoor said...

Great layout and terrific photos. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sketchabilities.

Unknown said...

Nice layout !
Thanks for playing along with Sketchabilities

Nadyunya olenadole said...

So cute LO!!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sketchabilities!!!!!!!!!!

Kazuko Kakutani said...

Wonderful layout!!
Thanks for playing along with Sketchabilities!!